Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Baked Stuffed Cabbage Rolls - 5 points

 
What a wonderful weekend, it was so slow and laid back due to the storm.  Got to do some reading, watching movies and cooking.  Oh yeah, there was a nap to two in there too.  Well, the new electric snow blower worked like a charm until my sweetie rammed it into a log that was laying near the woodpile and broke the blade.  Oh well, back to shoveling.  

We walked the little guy down to Marshall Point where the snow was virtually blown out to sea.  The land was clear of the high white stuff and our little buddy really loved being able to stretch his legs.  You could almost hear him thinking "I'm flying."

Fourth day into the resolution.  I have exercised each morning and have kept to my points limits.  The online Weight Watchers program is pretty cool, but you need to commit to putting your information into it on a daily basis.  For me, if I am paying for a program, I will use it and I love the computer anyway, so it is not a problem for me. 

Last night I made Baked Stuffed Cabbage Rolls from the Discovery Health Eating Well Website.  I calculated the recipe to be 5 points on the Flex or Momentum WW program.  Flavor in healthy recipes is what I am looking for.  I don't mind if it takes time to make the recipe or how many ingredients are in it as long as it tastes great.

Although the cabbage rolls looked lovely, they really lacked flavor despite the fresh dill, garlic, salt, pepper, caraway seeds and lemon juice.  I think it needs a little red pepper flakes.  So, my take on this recipe is, it is filling, but needs some spices added to make it into a meal you would want to have again.  




No comments:

Post a Comment